Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Katy Perry New Album "Prism" Coming October 22!

Katy Perry New Album "Prism" Coming October 22!

Katy Perry takes it to the street to reveal her new album title "Prism", on the side of a gold semi-truck. This post is for all the Katycats and Teenage Dreamers everywhere,. Singer Katy Perry has had quite the busy week! She stopped by the Smurfs 2 premiere Sunday, became the most followed female on Twitter, and she was announced as a headliner for the iHeartRadio music festival September 21st. So I knew something was up.  I also remember back in April that Katy was hard at work on a new album and had written a song with  Bonnie McKee called "Double Rainbow". So on July 29th Katy confirmed my suspicions about the new album! A giant flashy gold prism, I mean, semi-truck was rolling around Los Angeles with simple black words on it "KATY PERRY PRISM OCT 22, 2013". What a way to announce a new album, and I like the creativity. And don't worry you might be a chance to see the announcement truck yourself. Last night Katy tweeted, "Find the #PRISM semi, take a picture and I'll RT you. Don't worry, Los Angeles is just the first stop on the map." Since LA is filled with celebrities, guess who was one of the first people to see the truck? None other than Adam Lambert! He tweeted, "Yes @KatyPerry this is crazy!! Love it!" along with a pic of his semi spotting. And as for a first single from the album, nothing is confirmed yet but I've heard rumors it will come in August and might be her "Double Rainbow" song I've already mentioned. Katy previously confirmed another track name is called "Bad Photographs", and has described her whole album as "Schizophrenic". Or was she talking about Amanda Bynes? Anyways, other details I know is that she has collaborated on the new record with pals Max Martin, Dr. Luke, Sia, Diplo and of course Bonnie McKee. I will keep you updated on all Prism updates, in anticipation of the October 22nd release. The Holiday season is looking bright already with Katy's new album and Lady Gaga's ARTPOP album dropping in November. And I have high hopes; this is Katy Perry after all. Her last album "Teenage Dream" made history with five No. 1 singles and in 2012 was Billboard's Woman of the Year. Your turn! Comment below and tell me what you think of the title 'Prism' and what that means for the album?!

No comments:

Post a Comment